Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants
To support Botswana’s development through a dynamic and ethical accountancy profession.
To protect public interest through:
- Promoting the accountancy profession.
- Supporting professional accountants.
- Facilitating quality professional accountancy services through the monitoring & regulation of professional accountants.
- Developing Chartered Accountants.
In order to motivate the right behavior and culture that will support the implementation of the vision and mission statement above, the following Core Values were adopted:
- Integrity: Upholding ethical standards in all relationships.
- Excellence: Superior and outstanding quality of service and results.
- Independence: Independence of mind and appearance to promote objectivity and professional skepticism.
- Transparency: Clear and traceable business practices supported by authentic business structures.
- Accountability: To embrace measures that can ensure responsibility, ownership , and liability.
18 Oct, 2019
The Joint Employers Forum The Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants in conjunction with the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) hosted an Employer’s Forum on the 11th October 2019. The forum geared towards creating a clear understanding of the capabilities and competencies that each professional accounting qualification possesses, the role of professional accounting bodies and how best the employer industry can leverage on these qualifications for effectiveness in the workplace. Also, the forum gave attendants a better understanding of what professional accounting is, a clear framework for recruitment and staff training with regards to professional accounting, as well as interrogate how Government can further create an inclusive environment for professional accounting qualifications amongst others. Statistics from the Institute indicate that to date 4598 accountants have been registered. This is made up of 3215 Accounting Technicians and 1383 Professional Accountants. The BICA membership is drawn from across the different professional accountancy bodies among them being AAT, ACCA and CIMA. The forum brought together senior executives in the Human Resource, Learning & Development and Finance departments from various organizations i.e. Government, parastatals and the private sector.
18 Oct, 2018
PROVISION OF SATUTORY EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES FOR FINANCIAL YEARS 2019, 2020 AND 2021 TO BOTSWANA INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS.